Sunday 8 December 2013

I. Escape..

The emergency alarms were ringing, the troops running after me. All I had for support, was myself. Everyone was either dead or captured. Those who managed to escape were shot down, deserted for eternity in the vastness of space. I could faintly hear lasers buzzing past my ear, some brushing my hair, some hitting my bleeding hand. The sound of my beating heart filled my ears. All I saw was the probe, my only chance of escape even though I knew that there wasn't any. When I reached there, the sight wasn't a very pleasing one - Bleeding corpses, one shot in the eye, another with her arm blown off. There was a little girl, hiding beneath the control panel. The way she looked at the corpses suggested that they were her parents. I rushed inside, pushed the bodies outside, and closed the probe. The girl screamed, trying to rush towards the bodies, but I pushed the button and the probe flew away from the Mothership.

I could see one of the fighters following us. I used the probe missiles, tried to blow him. The last missile worked, blowing up the fighter. The screams, the blast, were drowned in the vacuum. I looked back at the Mothership, which was once a majestic ship, now a burning fortress. The ship blasted, burning every fighter, every person alive on it. I didn't have the strength to look back, realizing that everyone I loved had died on the ship. The girl was crying, probably crying out to her parents. I set course for Earth, the last haven in existence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment